Lacock Tithe Map
Tithe maps were created after the Tithe Commutation Act of 1836 which allowed tithes to be converted to money payments (they had previously been paid in kind). This required the drawing of accurate maps showing all the land in the parishes.
Tithe maps were accompanied by a schedule listing the various owners, occupiers and a description of the use of the land. Photographs of the Tithe schedules concerning the Sign of the Angel and Henry Fox Talbot have been included below.
- Tags: Tithe Maps