Acquisition and Disposal Policy
Collection Care and Conservation Policy
Collection Development Policy
Collections Information Policy
Community Engagement and Learning Policy
Digital Preservation Strategy
WSHC Policy for Volunteers
The Archives and Local Studies Service mission is:
To collect, preserve and make accessible the written and pictorial heritage of Wiltshire and Swindon that reflects its diverse communities, economy and landscape; to ensure that people and communities are able to engage with and enjoy activities inspired by archives.
The Archives and Local Studies Service vision is to:
- Become an enabling service that helps communities to both participate in and manage their own heritage projects.
- Attract a wide and diverse audience to participate in our activities at a range of levels through creativity and innovation.
- Work in partnerships with communities and across the cultural sector to deliver activities inspired by archives.
- Provide better and more opportunities for volunteers of all ages, including e-volunteering.
- Have a busy and vibrant education service.
- Provide innovative digital content to remote audiences.
- Consult regularly with our customers and potential audiences.
- Maintain high standards of customer care and facilities for customers to access archives and local studies material.
- Maintain a high quality environment for the security and storage of archives in our care.
- Encourage new, broad and diverse ranges of archive depositors and archives that reflect all of Wiltshire and Swindon’s communities, economy and landscape, including digital archives.
- Maintain and develop the resilience of the History Centre and Archives & Local Studies service through improved staff skills and training; strategic partnerships; and an improved commercial offer.