Your Passport to the Past.
The History Centre, focal point for heritage services in the county, is open with revised opening hours and procedures to ensure we are Covid-secure:
- The History Centre is open Tuesday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm. We are closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays until further notice.
- All visitors must pre-book using the booking form on the Planning a Visit webpage. We are currently offering one booking per week per customer.
- It will not be possible to browse all library collections and indexes so all documents – up to a maximum of 12 – must be ordered in advance. A week’s notice is required. The History Centre is following The National Archives guidance to ensure materials are safely shared and stored.
- Government regulations require visitors to wear a face covering while in the building, unless you are exempt.
- Food and drink can now be consumed on the premises but space is limited and a lunch booking must be made.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre.